Community support is a priority for PPAQ
Each year, Quebec’s maple syrup producers (PPAQ) join forces with dozens of organizations across Quebec to support their activities. We believe that children, the next generation, are our greatest asset, which is why are longstanding partners with the Breakfast Club.
Since 2007, we have partnered with the Citadelle Maple Syrup Producers’ Cooperative to support the Breakfast Club by donating thousands of liters of maple syrup. Since that time, we have donated more than $600,000 in maple syrup.
CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation
For many years, the PPAQ, in partnership with IGA and Les Sucreries Beauvirage, has raised $200,000 for the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation. For each holiday-themed can sold in November and December, we gave $1 to the Foundation.
Donation and sponsorship request
The Québec Maple Syrup Producers engage with communities in the province’s regions by encouraging initiatives that promote modern 21st century maple syrup production and the unique features of maple products.
- HOW TO MAKE A REQUEST
- Complete the request form
- Follow the instructions at the end of the form to submit it
- SELECTION CRITERIA
All sponsorship requests must showcase either maple products or Québec Maple Syrup Producers and their respective brand, in accordance with the values and strategic directions of the Québec Maple Syrup Producers.
- All sponsorship requests must promote consumer education by doing at least one of the following:
- Explaining the characteristics of maple (natural and 100% pure)
- Presenting the new maple syrup classification (color and taste)
- Demonstrating the varied uses of maple products
- Explaining the steps in collecting and processing maple water
- Promoting the maple syrup producer profession
- Promoting the Québec Maple Syrup Producers organization
- The sponsorship granted must be used primarily to pay for maple products and expenses for promoting these products:
- Sponsored products (maple taffy, maple cones, or maple syrup) must be made from 100% pure maple syrup (without glucose or other types of added sugar).
- Gift baskets may contain processed products as long as maple is among the first ingredients listed, e.g., maple-based alcoholic beverages, maple cookies, maple popcorn.
- The supplier of sponsored maple products must be in good standing with the Québec Maple Syrup Producers.
- Maple products must, to the extent possible, be manufactured by a Quebec maple syrup producer or buyer.
- For a cash donation, the sponsee must submit a detailed plan regarding how the funds will be used and be able to provide invoices if necessary.
- The sponsee must be able to provide evidence of the visibility granted in exchange for the donation: photos, report, results, publications, etc.
- The sale of Quebec maple products offered, unless an agreement has been reached
- Requests to support an individual (personal benefit)
- Requests from activist, religious, or political groups
- Late requests (less than six weeks before the event)
- Projects spread over several years
- Activities held outside Quebec
- Applicants who do not complete the form properly
- Unless no other supplier is available, any claim for reimbursement of maple products from Québec Maple Syrup Producers administrators or regional unions, in order to avoid any appearance of a conflict of interest
- All representation, secretarial, or travel expenses of directors or employees of UPA and its affiliates
Applicants will generally receive a response (positive or negative) via email within six weeks of submitting a request.