Virtual Annual General Meetings QMSP and the Joint Plan
Once again this year, the Québec Maple Syrup Producers and Joint Plan annual general meetings will be held virtually on Zoom.
Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Time: Starting at 8:30 am.
- To take part in these QMSP annual meetings, you will need to pre-register, by filling out the following form.
- A day or two before the event, registrants will receive a Zoom link by email. You will need this Zoom link to participate in the event.
- Delegates will receive an email with additional information about how to vote.
- Delegates may also ask for prep to familiarize themselves with the process. To do so, contact Mathieu Oligny at [email protected].
To Submit a Resolution
Maple producers have until May 24, 2021, 5 p.m. to submit a resolution not tabled at a regional meeting by sending it to [email protected].
Preparatory documents will be made available for download before the AGMs. We suggest you consult this section regularly, as new documents will be added when they become available. (In French)
Documents For AGMs
Annual general meeting of producers targeted by the Joint Plan (8:30 a.m. – 12 p. m)
Rules of Procedure
Minutes of the AGM of the Joint Plan
Adoption of financial statements
Follow-up to 2020 resolutions (AGM and ASA)
Annual general meeting of PPAQ (12 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
Rules of Procedure
Minutes of the AGM of PPAQ
Regulation modifying the general regulation of PPAQ
Follow-up to 2020 resolutions (AGM and ASA union)
168 Million Taps by 2080: Challenges and Opportunities
- Last winter, Québec Maple Syrup Producers (QMSP) released its long-term development plan.
- Its projections have Québec needing 168 million taps by 2080 to meet the growing world demand for our maple syrup.
What must be done to reach this objective?
QMSP has assembled a panel of experts to address the issue at the 2021 Annual General Meeting.
Louis Turenne, General Manager, Lantic, The Maple Treat
Jeannot Beaulieu, Maple Producer from Bas-St-Laurent
Andrée Gagnon, Forest Engineer, Club acéricole des Pays d’en Haut
Christian Messier, Researcher at the University of Québec in Outaouais
Jean-Pierre Saucier, Director of Forest Research, MFFP
Jacques J. Tremblay, Forest Engineer
Panel session begins at 1:30 pm.
Election of QMSP President
In accordance with the bylaws of Québec Maple Syrup Producers, a president of the association will be chosen to serve a 2-year term on May 26, 2021. Candidates must be members of the Board of Directors or presidents of local chapters who will not continue in that capacity. Only delegates to the AGM are eligible to vote. If you wish to submit your candidacy, you must fill out this form.
To be eligible, your form must include the endorsements of at least 10 delegates registered to the AGM. To endorse a candidate, please complete the official nomination form.
Any questions about this process may be addressed to the election commission at [email protected].